Knowle West Media Centre (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.bristolapproach.org (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Knowle West Media Centre, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 04358350 having its registered office and trading address at Knowle West Media Centre, Leinster Avenue, Knowle West, Bristol BS4 1NL.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, or enter a competition, promotion or survey on our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information technical information about the device used by you to access our site (e.g. device type, operating system and platform) and information about your visit (e.g. the pages you visit, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, how you interact with our site and methods used to browse away from our site).
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us: we will use this information to provide you with the services that you request from us and to notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect about you: we will use this information to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- our academic and media partners, suppliers and subcontractors in order to provide you with the services that you request for us and to maximise opportunities for the sharing know-how which you may contribute to our site; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or to protect the rights, property, reputation or safety of Knowle West Media Centre, our members and service users, or others.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.